Tuesday, April 21, 2009

to theme or not to theme

ive been spending the last couple of days trying to figure out if i need a theme for this blog, and if so what it should be. as much as i like it when i stumble across a random blog and from the looks and description of it can tell immediately whether its worth my time or not, i have decided that what i share here is mostly for me (and close friends) and i really dont expect to have any other audience. therefore i dont think its necessary to be so clear cut regarding what i write about. i like the idea of having the flow of posts here evolve into what it eventually becomes, maybe somehow mapping the evolution of my perception of ideas and everyday issues (or atleast the part i am comfortable sharing.) i like to keep things informal, as i have always hated feeling pressured to write and update. this is my playground. i do whateva i waant!!

so dont expect anything big, anything groundbreaking.

about a month ago maybe, when i was waiting at the student machine shop at the basement of the etcheverry hall for my turn to check out a mill, i came across this gem of a quote pinned to the side of a cabinet. i dont know if this sounds weird but i got this overwhelming sense of satisfaction, like holy crap thats so cool. and i still love it every time i look back at it, mostly because of how it felt the first time i saw it:

I'm glad I did it, partly because it was worth it, but mostly because I shall never have to do it again.

- mark twain

No comments:

Post a Comment